Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I realize that it has been absolutely ages since I posted anything on my school blog.  Maybe the strongest reason being, is that in the last year and a half - I have been working on my own ceramic work - and that has taken a huge chunk of my time.... of which there always seems to be a shortage...... and then for a short period - I had trouble getting into my blog..... which exasperated  me hugely - and sometimes - created a situation where I just avoided dealing with it...... so time passes......

 What is lovely is that the pinch pot vessels that I have been working on for the last 2 years - are collecting in their eloquent forms - on all the surfaces in my workshop - which says that I have been occupied..... and hence my silence on this front....... but it seems like there is a shift - and hence these reflections.......

I have also decided that it would be lovely to re-open this conversation - and take more images...... images of the intense conversations that happen in my Bellevue/Yeoville space twice a week - Tuesday and Thursday mornings - when a group of like minded people get together and work with clay..... listen to haunting music - and enjoy the conversation or the silence - that this "practice" brings to our space.


Fine - satin-smooth porcelain - or shining seductive "charcoal" clay - which dances and moves - to one's touch - seductive and magical..... awakening almost child-like responses from all of us - big and small alike..... rough terra-cotta clay - which invites another kind of touch - figures of angels emerging - like magic from an amorphous piece of moist clay.....  wondering - how did that just manifest?   so quickly ..... and then one realizes - yet once again....

the clay dances - when our spirits are let out to play - and oh how wonderful.... we sometimes make the mistake of forgetting what lies dormant - until we take ourselves to that sacred place - once or twice a week..... where our "other-lives" can't quite get to us....... and we are allowed to close our eyes - and just feel....... that is what happened this morning..... and it was great.... something one remembers and savers...... encapsulated.... until it happens again......

No comments:

Post a Comment