Sunday, July 17, 2011

A two-week break....

Having just had a two week break from teaching, sitting up in my little "sanctuary" - on my koppie - watching the birds and the light changing..... making pinch-pots, and talking quietly to myself...... It's amazing - after 43 years of working with clay - the profound pleasure that I am getting from sitting quietly - listening to my fire crackling wildly in the grate - and just being.... letting all thoughts flow freely - that is the what happens to me, when I give myself time, Clay has for me, the capacity to help me move into a space of meditation......... what a huge pleasure......

and now - after two weeks away from Yeoville - I find the thought of re-connecting to the people I work with there, so exciting.   Having had time to reflect, and coming forward, with a sense of fresh inspiration, days that are growing longer..... and anticipating what the clay is going to offer us in the next few weeks, before the Spring finally arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment